Friday, February 1, 2008

Dreaming of Panama

It's Friday afternoon. I'm taking a break. Although I have been working away maniacally for days, the piles of paper on my desk don't appear to be shrinking. On the 17th of February I'm off to Panama again and I am both preparing everything I need to have ready for my meetings there and trying to get ahead of chores and projects that require attention here in Canada. For a few short minutes, I have had enough. I am going to write a few words and I am going to read some of my blogroll.

This Panama trip is going to be a big event for our Roca Milagro project. It will be the first time that we will have most of our shareholders together in the same place. I have carefully screened everyone who has come on board and I am pleased with the quality of individuals we have involved with this project. We have Americans, Canadians and Panamanians as shareholders. We will have meetings, dinners out, more meetings and a big party. One of my partners is preparing a feast on our land, to which all shareholders, locals in the area, local government dignitaries, suppliers and sundry friends are invited. It will be a blast. We will have a barbecue, with lots to eat and drink, in the orange grove on our property. Among the 400 orange trees, there is shade from the tropical sun and there are soft breezes to keep us cool. We will all get to know each other and relax.

Here in Canada, it's snowing again. I dream of lush green fields, pretty flowers, warm weather, sunshine, and a cold drink.

Come join me.

No comments: