Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Roca Milagro Update

haven't written about our Roca Milagro development in Panama for a while, and I know that some people curious about the project visit here to see what is happening there, so here is a quick update:

After the three-ring-circus of dealing with our Panamanian lawyers and various bureaucracies, we finally have a complete application for development that will be submitted in a couple of days. We now have more money than we need and are, in fact, considering adding several interested parties as new shareholders, beyond our original intentions, and using the increased capital to build all of our infrastructure at once, instead of in two phases. Once we have our official approvals in place, there will be a mad rush to build several kilometers of roads, provide electrical service, extend water pipes to each home, implement satellite facilities for television and internet, and so on. Even in Panama, this all costs a lot of money.

Among our shareholders we now have an engineer who manages the physical part of the project, a contractor who will be our 'preferred' builder of homes on the lots we will have for sale, a Canadian lawyer who will ensure that our systems and contracts meet international standards, and several accomplished businessmen. Then there is me. I am the lucky one who gets to interact with everyone, co-ordinate things, and pull out whatever little hair I have left when the inevitable delays and frustrations arise. It's a good thing that I have lots of experience with business, and that I am not as impatient as I was in my younger days.

Over the coming months, I will be working to put up a more professional website for our project, so that it will be easier to update as things happen. I have a particular interest in getting some drawings done of our proposed front gate at Roca Milagro and perhaps some other items as well. If anyone out there is (or knows of) a good artist, someone who can do architectural 3D renderings that look 'real' and inviting, and is willing to work for peanuts, let me know. The drawings will become part of our brochures and will be on our website, so the artist will be famous. Sort of. But definitely not rich.

I haven't had much time for blogging recently, but the words are piling up in my head and I will have to let them out before my head explodes. Hopefully that will be soon. I would hate to be on a waiting list for brain surgery in Canada.

No comments: