Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Huh?

Yes, I know that I have been absent for a while. After returning from my trip to Panama in February, I have been working hard to catch up on so many things, many related to the Roca Milagro project and some not. A clone or two would come in handy right now.

As I was walking a round the Roca Milagro site during my visit, I couldn't help but chuckle at the fire hydrants that were being placed along the roads throughout the development, all in accordance with Panamanian building codes and whatnot, ready to help douse any fires that might dare to invade. Why did the sight tickle my funny bone?

I will be happy to tell you.

What is there on the site that is going to burn? Panamanian home construction is almost universally concrete block or cement or stone or some other really hard, non-combustible stuff. The roofs are almost always made of clay tile or steel.

Maybe I'm missing something. I wonder how much all of those hydrants and their installation have cost us. I wonder if any one of them will ever be turned on.

No comments: