Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Let's go for a ride

Click on photograph to enlarge

Today is April 8, 2009. It snowed here in London, Ontario, again, as it did yesterday. It didn't snow enough to create any real problems but isn't it time for some nice weather, even here in the frozen north?

It's not snowing in Panama. When I describe Canadian winters to my friends in Panama, they don't appear to be too interested in gaining any first hand experience with snow and ice and slush and slippery roads and shoveling snow. I don't blame them.

One of my Panamanian friends sent me the photograph above. It shows the service road that runs along our Roca Milagro property and all the way to the town of Dolega. There is no vehicular traffic on the road, it is there for local ranchers to move their cattle from one place to another or for hikers and horseback riders to enjoy. On the other side of the rock wall, which runs the entire length of our property, is Roca Milagro.

I wish I were there today. I would love to mount up and go for a ride.

No comments: